Prof Walter Mupangwa
2009 – PhD in Soil Science and Agro-meteorology with a focus on rain and soil water management for risk mitigation in smallholder farming systems. University of Free State, South Africa.
2003 – MPhil. in Soil Chemistry and Fertility, Africa University, Zimbabwe.
1995 – BSc (Honours) in Agriculture (Soil Science), University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe.
The Centre for Research and Postgraduate Studies (CRePS) at MUAST was established to coordinate cutting edge research-for-development (R-4-D) and research-in-development (R-in-D) conducted by the university either alone or in collaboration with key partners of the institution. Research conducted through post graduate students at Master’s and Doctorate levels forms the cornerstone of the university’s contribution towards national, regional and global issues critical agricultural and food systems development. The centre facilitates collaboration of MUAST researchers with other institutions involved in agricultural and food systems research and development.
To ensure that quality agricultural research that contributes towards national, regional and global issues is conducted by MUAST.
1. Processes higher degree student admissions, registrations, and/or exams as an extension of the Academic Registry.
2. Provides information on all postgraduate programmes offered by MUAST.
3. Enhances varied postgraduate students’ research ambitions by holding postgraduate seminars, workshops, and courses to encourage original research outputs.
4. Identifies and promote research that has the potential to produce goods and/or services by working with relevant faculties and the Centre for Innovation and Industrialisation.
5. Co-ordinates research implemented in collaboration with local, regional and international partners of the university.
6. Develops collaboration agreements (e.g. MoUs, MoAs) with local, regional, and international partners.
7. Assists with mobilisation of funding for new research projects and for postgraduate students in the form of fellowships, bursaries and scholarships.
Phone: +263 71 502 0882