The Academic Registry Department is a committed critical unit in the provision of academic support services to Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST). In discharging its mandate, the department works collectively and collaboratively with academic and non-academic departments, other University professional units, external bodies and partner organisations to deliver these services. The Department’s aim is fundamentally to facilitate exciting student academic experience and enhance the University’s accomplishment of its goals through the creation and support of a conducive and creative academic and administrative environment.
The Department is dedicated to provision of quality academic support services to the University and its valued clients.
Our mission is to positively contribute towards realization of set academic goals of the University by providing the following services;
- An efficiently run student admission service that is objective, transparent, and fits students into appropriate degree programmes.
- A student friendly registration system and the maintenance of an accurate student database for current students and alumni.
- Provision and maintenance of accurate student data and statistics.
- Water tight examinations systems which authenticates the integrity of the entire process.
- Ensuring that academic policies are implemented and reviewed where necessary.
- Maintenance of the University’s General and Programme Regulations in the Central Computer Database.
- Ensuring aggressive marketing of MUAST’s unique academic brand.
- Provision of advisory services to both students and staff in relation to our core services.
- Certification of graduating students.
- Coordination of graduation Ceremonies and related services.
- Provision of other support services on a needs basis to clients.
Departmental Core Values
The Department is guided by the following values:
- Hard work
- Prospective students
- Current students
- MUAST staff
- The general public
- Government Ministries